Recrutement d'un post-doc à KU Leuvenclerse Autres
Post-doc position ResPecTMe - Resolving Precariousness: Advancing the Theory and Measurement of Precariousness across the paid/unpaid work Continuum
The Centre for Sociological Research at the KU Leuven (Belgium) has an exciting opportunity to join the research unit of ‘Work and Organisation’ as a Post-doc contributing to the ERC-funded study on the 'Precariousness across the paid/unpaid work continuum in Europe'.
ResPecTMe will generate a new theoretical model of, and a measurement approach and monitoring tools for, precariousness at the paid and unpaid work continuum. By uncovering the unpaid activities that increasingly underlie paid employment as a source of ‘value’ creation in the labour market, ResPecTMe will generate a novel scientific perspective which breaks the paid/unpaid distinction, and rethinks precariousness on the paid/unpaid work continuum. The successful applicant will work together with the other members of the team and under the supervision of professor Valeria Pulignano.
The Post-Doc will be based at the faculty of Social Sciences, on a pleasant campus in the heart of Leuven.
· A PhD in sociology, labour and/or organization studies, political science, anthropology, economics, research methodology, psychology or related social science disciplines;
· Leadership and academic independency;
· Theoretical sensitivity for societal issues and excellent theoretical and analytical skills;
· International publications in highly-ranked IF journals as well as monographs and chapters in international books in the field of social science;
· Research grants, award and prizes (depending on the seniority of the PhD holder) are an advantage;
· Excellent skills in qualitative research, biographical interviewing and relevant software packages (e.g. NVivo);
· Excellent knowledge about inductive research, grounded theory and the Gioia methodology;
· Excellent knowledge of work, that is, in the field(s) of employment (industrial) relations systems/labour market;
· Prior knowledge on the topic of precarious work and/or the online economy is an advantage;
· Excellent English speaking, reading and writing skills;
· Excellent ability to analyze and synthesize complex scientific theories;
· Willingness to cooperate in an interdisciplinary team while at the same time able to work creatively and independently;
· Strong motivation to engage in a Post-Doc position and in empirical research and theory building.
A 12 months full-time appointment to start with, to be extended with a further 12 months contingent on a satisfactory performance during the first year.
Applications must include, in a single PDF file:
· Your full curriculum vitae;
· A letter of motivation;
· Two letters of references from academics;
· Copies of your university-level qualifications and marks to date;
· One or two academic writing samples (if available) from your most recent qualification, preferably in English.
Selected applicants will be called for an interview. The job will start the 1st of April 2020.
For more information please contact prof. dr. Valeria Pulignano, tel.: +32 16 32 31 62, mail: valeria.pulignanokuleuven be.
You can apply for this job no later than December 15, 2019 via the online application tool :
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HRkuleuven be.